So far, so good!


So far, so good! I have to tell you that Shannon going on this trip, and me staying home with these two kids, for two weeks scared my socks right off. I did come to have a change of scenery, but I think a tiny bit more of me, was afraid of being home alone with them for so long... I'm just not ready for it yet. This 2-kid thing is still new to me.... Anyway, we are almost headed from from our mini-vacay. We did have to move hotels, but we are all settled now, and the new hotel room is a little smaller, but it has a playground right outside and free breakfast. We are still on base, and the weather is really warm, but nothing I am not used to. The sunrises and sunsets are amazing out here. I really feel God's wondrous majesty out here. Everything is magnified here; the stars are brighter, the mountains are mighty, and the land stretches on for years. I am in awe of His wonderful masterpieces. With every bad thing there is to say about 29 Palms, I think I  might, (keyword: might), be able to say something positive. My friend's house is so big out here, it is nothing like anything we could afford back home in our city by the beach. Life is a lot slower out here and it was just what I needed to re-center myself on what is important. I was getting so caught up with trying to finish the laundry, mop the floors,  and do the dishes, that my patience was wearing thin with my children and husband. Not having to do those things for the past week and a half has made me realize that, although have a well-run home is important, the time spent with the people you share your home with, is more important. For the first time since having Addie, I had a chance to sit down and play with Jo. I felt horrible thinking that this precious time was foreign to me. I am so thankful I came on this trip with Shannon. The kids aren't sleeping well because they aren't in their own environment, and I am tired beyond belief, but the Lord giving me this wake-up call was so worth it.