BOB in 29 Palms

I had to bring the BOB with me to 29. Even though it took up a lot of trunk space, I knew the trails would be perfect for it, and vice versa. I found a paved trail here and am mostly staying on that, but I see a lot of dirt running trails around here, but being unfamiliar with the territory I won't runt that way with the kids. From our hotel there are tons of parks in the area, (one even right outside our room), but there is a huge about 3miles away, perfect for a jog/walk. Because it does get hot, real quick out here, I jogged early in the morning and the kids loved it. The jog there Addie slept after her second bottle of the morning and Jo ate a mobile breakfast. We'd hit the park ready to play and Jo wore himself out until lunch time. We would eat lunch at the park, play for a bit more and then it was time to load up and head back to the hotel (where there was a kitchen), to make dinner. A few times Jo fell asleep right after lunch when drinking a bottle. The simplicity of life out here is amazing. I know I said it before, but man, I really am enjoying this time away from home. 

So after having the BOB for a while I noticed I don't like pushing it with the infant seat adapter. I know I am supposed to use it until Addie is 6 months, but I haven't really been on rough terrain yet. I've only ran paved trails, and when I have "off-roaded" with it, Addie wasn't with me. I found a way for her to comfortably sit in the seat while I am walking on a paved trail without using the infant seat adapter. I DO NOT SUGGEST doing this if you are running (even on paved roads), but this quick fix came in handy at the park when Addie wanted to lay down but not be in her car seat. 

I took an infant insert/ headrest that fits in her carseat, and put it in her seat in the BOB, with a receiving blanket rolled up, around it, and she fit snug as a bug. Her head was not moving anywhere! Again, the manual does not condone my behavior, but it worked for me, and if you have an unruly infant who just wants to lay down in the stroller, this might work for you. 

Here is a closer look: 

The specific infant carseat headrest I used wast the Boppy Infant and Toddle Head Support. (Click for pricing and ratings). As you can see she's pretty content. They both stayed like that the whole way back to the hotel.