Our Work in Progress

We've been moved in to our new home since February, so now its down to the finishing touches, so far this is what I've come up with. Pardon my dirty windows - in my defense it rained today so they aren't in photo ready condition. Also disregard my 9 month old's annoyed stares in the background.


These roses and my daughter's grass science experiment are the only live plants we have in the house- neither of my thumbs are green. (Again, please disregard my dirty windows).


That's my 9 month old son giving me all sorts of curious and annoyed looks as flashed the camera at his eyes a dozen times. 


I think my favorite thing about this angle are the Photo Canvases! They were so easy to make and such a small ding to our wallet but such a big impact on our walls. 


I've had many people ask me about our lighting fixture and Edison bulbs. We bought it Lowes for only $200! The Edison bulbs came with the fixture too. 


Here's how the lights look all lit up. Call me weird, but I just love, love, love the industrial look even though I have bits of American and French country all over. 







I know I've still got a lot more to do but, I think it's coming along nicely. We don't have much room to work with, so I'm trying not to get too carried away. I think all I need to do next is find a few more things for the walls and I'll be done! Stay tuned for more pics and updates, hopefully by this Fall I will have the house completely decorated.