Two Weeks & Feeling Brave

Addie is two weeks old and I've never been more tired in my life. Having a 1 year old and a 2 week old is BY FAR one of the hardest things I've ever done. The lack of sleep is debilitating. I have been so 
 fortunate to have the help friends and family to make my days easier. From brining me freezer meals, babysitting, and just an ear to vent to, I could not be more thankful. You think after two weeks of being at home with no sleep, the first thing I would want to do is go to bed. But now that the the laundry is caught up and the floors aren't sticky, I realized Jo and I are going stir crazy in the house. Today was our first day out on the town, just the three of us and it took a little more time getting in and out of the house, but it was so worth it.

I'm starting to worry about juggling my time between both babies. They are both at an age where they are so dependent on me and need my full attention, that I am not sure I will be able to do it. Friends I have talked to who have a similar age difference between children have said you'll get the hang of it, hopefully that will come sooner than later. Right now Jo isn't jealous yet, but knowing his demeanor, I expect it soon. For now I am just trying to make sure he keeps his diaper on and food on his tray, and distract him with Disney Jr. 

Addison is starting to make eye contact more and she's quite the looker. She's adorable when she's sleeping, but now that she's opening her eyes more I am even more amazed by her beauty. Speaking of Addie... she beckons for a bottle. Until next time....