Boy Meets Girl

We are home! I am so filled joy. My family is complete.  Jo met Addie at the hospital but was more excited about seeing his parents because he was at Grandma's for two days. Now that we are home, they really have a chance to meet and bond. Seeing them together brings tears to my eyes. The love I feel for my children is unexplainable. I hate to be stereotypical, but I truly understands how it feels now when my mom told me I would never understand a mother's love until I had children of my own. I know the days to come will be tiring and long, but I would trade the fatigue, overwhelmingness, and sacrifice for the world.

Jo took to Addie very well. We were so surprised at how soft he was with her. We told him to be gentle, but at 18 months old, we didn't expect to see such a loving nature. He was even protective, pointing at my mom to not touch 'his baby' at the hospital. I cannot wait to see them grow together. Having them this close together will be hard at times; I was told to expect a lot of fights and jealousy issues. But I was also told that siblings this close in age usually play well together too. I hope the latter happens more. Until then, I am just enjoying them the way they are. I know that today will be the last day they are this small, for tomorrow they will be bigger and it will be a moment I never get back.


Now that we are home the reality of having two under the age of two has not fully hit me. I know I had nine months to prepare for this, but now that it is here, I have yet to soak it in. Perhaps once my family leaves and the extra hands disappear, I will realize it. I just pray that aside from changing diapers, feedings, laundry and bath time, that my I can care for my children in the way the deserve. I pray that God will guide me in preserving their innocence yet maturing their wisdom. I pray He will give me the tools and patience to have my children rise up and call me blessed (Proverbs 31:28). I am very far from the Superwoman of Proverbs 31, but I strive to be an ounce of what she is for my God, my husband, and my wonderful children.